A clever low cost accessory that greatly improves the versatility of Japanese carpenters squares.
The metal stopper offers greater durability and includes a vernier scale allowing the conversion, measurement and transfer of 'gnat's', 'skoaches' and 'hair's breadths' strong or shy of the measurement, probably overkill for pencil marks, but very nice to have for scalpel work, knife lines, veneering etc.
Used in the same way as a combination square head for registering edges at 90 or 45 degrees, but because it's on a square rather than a rule, you can lay out lines parallel to the reference edge as well as ones perpendicular to it and mark both 45s without having to flip the tool over. The square stopper also acts like the movable jaw of a caliper for gauging the thicknesses of plates or boards and diameters of cylinders.
- Die cast construction for strength, rigidity and durability.
- Captive screw will never fall out and get lost.
- Copper wear plate applies gentle constant pressure on the edge of the square but will not damage it.
- Compatible with 2mm x 20mm flat section Shinwa carpenter's squares.
- Product Dimensions: 83mm x 43mm x 12mm